- Role:FX Technical Director
In order to demonstrate the psychedelic power of the new Nexus Surround Sound, Google tasked us to immerse the audience in a synesthesiastic dreamscape of fantastical natural beauty.
To flesh out this world and make it feel rich and alive, it needed atmospherics. I used Houdini to generate volumetric elements at different scales to represent river mist and jungle fog.
We still needed clouds for the upper atmosphere and for the epic logo reveal. Rather than paint clouds and try to fake it, I took advantage of the new cloud tools in Houdini to generate true 3D volumetric clouds that we could fly through and animate over time.
- Directed by:Buck
- Executive Creative Director:Ryan Honey
- Executive Porducer:Maurie Enochson
- Creative Director:Joshua Harvey
- Producer:Emily Rickard
- Production Coordinator:Kaitlyn Mahoney
- CG Supervisor:Doug Wilkinson
- Compositing:Joao Rema
- Lighting and Look Development:Jens Lindgren,Joao Rema,Ana Luisa Santos,Alex Dingfelder,Yates Holley
- Modeling:Alex Dingfelder,Patrick Warner
- Hair:Ana Luisa Santos
- FX Technical Director:Albert Omoss
- Rigging Technical Directors:Yates Holley,Joshua Carey
- 3D Animation:Ian Brauner,Matt Everton
- Previs:Claudio Salas
- Matte Painters:Nick Hiatt,Josh Caez
- Concept Art:Tuna Bora,Susan Yung